NFT domains are domains that live on a public blockchain and give users complete ownership of their stored data. The main benefits to owning one are simplifying crypto transactions by replacing long complicated wallet addresses with the domain name and easily creating and hosting websites on web3.
What is the Ethereum Naming Service?
Ethereum Name Service is a blockchain protocol for users who want to have their own unique and memorable usernames over Web 3.0. Using the service allows you to nail all of your wallet addresses and decentralized websites to a single unique name. For instance, “alice.ETH.” This makes you more recognizable and easier to find across the decentralized space.
The service also allows you to use your domain name to create a decentralized website or to link an existing domain to your Ethereum (CCC: ETH-USD ) wallet.
How to buy an “.ETH” domain?
How to Register Your First “.ETH” Domain
- Go to https://app.ens.domains
- Use the search bar to find a domain you want.
- Tap on your chosen name to see an estimate of how much it will cost.
- Get a free Ethereum wallet. I recommend Rainbow or MetaMask
- Buy enough Ethereum using the wallet to cover the cost of your domain (add a little extra just in case)
- Go back to the ENS domain website, click the menu in the top right and connect your new wallet.
- Once connected, you’ll be able to click the blue “Request to Register” button on the domain.
- Open your wallet & confirm the first transaction request. The transaction may take a few minutes, and then you’ll see a 1-minute countdown begin on the ENS site.
- After the 1-minute countdown is done, you’ll be able to finalize your registration. Click the register button to initiate a transaction in your wallet.
- Confirm the transaction in your wallet, then wait for it to complete.
- You now have your very own ENS name! Congratulations!
- Lastly, go to your account on the ENS website and set your reverse record to the new name you’ve purchased.
You can now use your “.ETH” address to send/receive Ethereum and other crypto assets. In the future, it’ll be used for more things too!
If you’d like to learn more, go check out the previous article here .
- How To Buy Your First NFT Web 3.0 Domain: Unstoppable Domains
- Gamers Assemble: Play Games To Earn Crypto! GameFi Explained
- Applications and Use Cases of Blockchain Technology
- What are NFTs? Non Fungible Tokens Explained
- An Introduction in Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, Tokens, Smart Contracts, NFTs, Web3, DeFi, GameFi and DeIn: Crash Course