Adding Users and Permissions:
- To add a new NAV user is very easy. A new NAV user allows for a single username with access to the system and is used to specify the permissions that username will be granted.
- First, navigate to the User Card. To access this screen, type ‘Users’ in the search (Ctrl+f3) area or navigate to Departments/Administration/IT Administration/General/Users.
- Once there, click on “New” to create a new user or click “Edit” to modify an existing User Card.
- Below is the User Card. The required fields on the User Card are the Windows User Name and the User Permission Sets.
- The User Setup screen is used to further customize a user’s access and permissions allowed in the system. Specific setups can be granted or revoked at the User Setup Screen.
- Navigate to the User Setup screen. To access this screen, type ‘User Setup’ in the search (ctrl+f3) area or navigate to Departments/Administration/Application Setup/Users/User Setup.
- Once there, click “New” which will allow you to add a new user to the User Setup list. Click “Edit” List to modify existing User Setups.
- User personalization is used to select a Profile ID that will alter the look and feel of the software for a specified user. This is often determined by the user’s role in the system.
- Navigate to the User Personalization Card. To access this screen, type ‘User Personalization’ in the search (ctrl+f3) area or navigate to Departments/Administration/Application Setup/Role Tailored Client/User Personalization.
- Once there, click the “New” button to add and assign a profile to a user. Click “Edit” to modify an existing user profile.
- Below is the User Personalization Card. The user ID field specifies the user account that will be affected and the Profile ID is where you can select the profile.
- Benefits of Security in DevSecOps
- Koha: How To Setup Gmail Email Notices with Postfix
- Hire Web3 Developers: Everything you need to know
- Interesting Technologies 2022: Part 1
- The Importance and Benefits of Blockchain Technology